Jims Camping Forums
November 22, 2014, 12:36:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 03/15/07: Scrapple named the official meat of JimsCampingForums.com!
"Scrapple! It's what's for breakfast!"

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RV EZ LEVEL  (Read 1482 times)
Skip Prince

View Gallery

« on: August 03, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rv-ez-level/35617

I just did a search for this product on the forum and got no results.

I'm curious about this gizmo....looks like a good ideal....has anyone tried it out, and if so would you recommend it for leveling a travel trailer.  Seems like it would be really easy to use with an RV.  It isn't cheap, though!

Skip

2009 Keystone Hideout
2008 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4
Ollie Tooter - Pug (fur kid)
hatcityhosehauler
Official Regimental Piper
Serious Poster

View Gallery

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

Well, I've used these on my last two trailers, and they work just fine, and at $6, they are bit more cost effective. 

I mount them on the front drivers side corner of the trailer.  I can see the side to side level in the mirror, and the front to back one, your at the tongue already any way.

Just make sure you have the trailer level when you put them on.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rv-levels-set-of-2/47550

Tim

2009 Chevrolet 2500HD C/C Duramax-Allison
2008 Sydney 32BHDS LE
Reese Strait-line w/ 1200# bars
webeopelas

View Gallery

Rollin Coal!!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »

The RV EZ level looks like it would work great for a Class A where you are controlling the jacks from the inside. For a trailer, you would have to adjust, look inside, adjust, look inside, etc.

I am with Hatcity with the stick on levels. Leveled the camper with a framing level on the floor the first time, stuck the levels on the side and front of the camper at the driver's side corner. I can immediately see which side needs blocks and approx how many, and then stand right there as I jack up the camper for front to back leveling.

2006 Dodge Megacab 3500 CTD
2008 Silverback 33LBHTS
Skip Prince

View Gallery

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »

Well, I've used these on my last two trailers, and they work just fine, and at $6, they are bit more cost effective. 

I mount them on the front drivers side corner of the trailer.  I can see the side to side level in the mirror, and the front to back one, your at the tongue already any way.

Just make sure you have the trailer level when you put them on.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rv-levels-set-of-2/47550

Tim

Tim:  Thanks for your input!  See my reply to WEBEOPELAS.

Skip

2009 Keystone Hideout
Skip Prince

View Gallery

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:12 PM »

The RV EZ level looks like it would work great for a Class A where you are controlling the jacks from the inside. For a trailer, you would have to adjust, look inside, adjust, look inside, etc.

I am with Hatcity with the stick on levels. Leveled the camper with a framing level on the floor the first time, stuck the levels on the side and front of the camper at the driver's side corner. I can immediately see which side needs blocks and approx how many, and then stand right there as I jack up the camper for front to back leveling.

Wife and I have walkie-talkies and she would be in the trailer looking at the level and letting me know 'when.'  Don't see why that wouldn't work unless there is a safety issue.  But....your way is a lot more 'cost effective.'  Maybe someone else will chime in and give another perspective.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Skip!

Skip

2009 Keystone Hideout
rubrhammer
Official Site Cheapskate
One Thousand Club

View Gallery

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:42:29 PM »

I'm with Tim, the stickons are all you need.My front one is in the middle of the front but I have mounted them the same as Tim on another trailer and it was fine also.
Bob

Bob <br />2008Titanium 30e35sa,2004 Silverado 3500drw, 2wd ec
2500ram

View Gallery

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »

Agree with everyone else 100% $400 for a level Huh?

How I do it cause DW is worthless (shhh, I still love her (didn't say that out loud), but for hooking up or backing and leveling...) I've got this and a backup camera but that's another post.

link here http://images.campingworld.com/is/image/CWI/3000/30939nNEW.jpg?
I can clearly see when backing or pulling into the site and then I can figure by 1 inch increments  on the level what needs to happen to level by myself all from the rear view mirror.

It pained me to drill into the fiberglass front but some silicone on the screws and 4 years later no more issues with the DW or trailer fiberglass font.
We are both much happier  Grin

Just so you get the idea that level is approximately 12" wide and easy to see from your rear view mirror.

Good luck, have fun and just camp.

Bill

03 26RS Slightly Modded
02 2500 Ram QC SB Cummins Slightly Modded More
Coolbreeze
1500 Club

View Gallery

Not the same SOB'er I use to be, he! he!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:51:48 PM »

I don't even do the stick on's. I actually just have a magnetic level that is stuck on my frame. When I pull the trailer in I first put it on the bumper then back on the frame. Also can work around the house to boot.

Really can't see spending any more on a level then what $10, $15 or $20.

I'm really not a fan of getting sucked into Camping Worlds neet little things all produced in China.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: